Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Why I want to do haul videos on youtube

I started doing haul videos on tudou.com (a Chinese website similar to youtube). First because youtube is blocked in mainland China and secondly haul video hasn't arrived in China. So I thought if I could do it in Chinese, it might be more meaningful. My idea was to talk about style and make-up of myself and what I see in France, and I also would like to hear some interesting comments.

Actually I'm kind of successful, both of my 2 videos got 1000 views during 1 week. Meanwhile on tudou, there is a promotion called "dou jiao" which encourages users to apply to win a higher level of channel system by their self-made and creative video clips. So I applied.

Today I got refused via email and it's quite aggressive: dou jiao is for the creative and oriental videos, now you are not qualified for this. I mean the reason I want to be "dou jiao" is that I want to communicate with more person. I don't care about whether I could be a big name on tudou.com or not. To me internet is a free platform for everyone. No one should be judged like this.

But unfortunately tudou is not the only Chinese website in which exists a meaningless judgement above you. It's almost everywhere even in the daily life in China. I still remember when I was in primary school, I was asked to take off my lovely hairpin by my teacher just because it's beautiful and it might make the other girls jealous. I was deeply hurt by this. In my adolescence I was never 100% confident with my appearance because I know I should be proved by someone or something big ( a teacher, my school or the propaganda).

I do haul video for fun and I feel cool with it. I don't need tudou to educate me what does "creative" or "original" mean. But I'll continue on tudou even if I can't be a "dou jiao". The most important thing is my video and I want to give a message through it : just be yourself, there's nothing more beautiful than it!

Here's my videos on tudou.com and I'll do more!















No comments:

Post a Comment